Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 1135: Shut Your Head

That's not as harsh as it sounds.  Here is how you do it:


Shut your eyes


Shut your nose


And shut your mouth

He told me that this was what we had to do to keep the scary monster lurking in the corner away from us.  No monster got us, so it must have worked.

Today was a really great day.  I actually had this conversation with a friend:

Friend:  How are you?

Me:  I'm good.  Really good... (as it hit me) That's the first time I've been able to honestly say that in a really long time.

This is a friend who knows that I struggle, so she shared in that Joyful Moment with me.  It was really nice.

There were still some struggles.  My little Baby B, while quite skilled at hiding from monsters, is still on the rampage.  Today his MO was in the Art of Mess Making.  He was quite successful at it.  I wish I could say I handled the whole thing perfectly, but I didn't, so I won't.  But, on the occasions that I didn't respond as ideally as I'd like, I was able to recover and we ended things okay.

1 comment:

Linda said...

What about shutting your ears, Baby B? Do I need to worry?

YIPPEE for the positives, Cheryl. And for making me LOL...