Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 1152: Shwarma

I'm not sure if I spelled that right.  It's something HH ate while serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Russia.  And he's been craving it for a while now.  He found a restaurant that serves it and has been super antsy to go.

Tonight was the night.

In preparation, I got my hair done.

Actually, I've been wanting to get it cut for a few weeks now, but kept forgetting to set up an appointment.  So, when he scheduled a date with me, I decided I should get my hair cut the same day.  Let's be honest, it always looks better when my stylist does it and I like to look my best on our dates.

I forgot to take a picture, but I did make this exact statement after coming home and really giving the new style a good look in the mirror, "I think I might actually love my hair."  That's a big deal coming from me.  It's not all that different from my previous style.  It's based on these photos, but I forgot to bring it in, so it's a little different.  But, I am really happy with it.

Our date was, umm.... interesting.

And by "interesting", I mean, totally awkward.  It was a pretty small restaurant.  And we sort of stuck out like a sore thumb.  HH had his back to the majority of the (small) crowd there.  So, he couldn't see that everyone was kind of staring at us.  Or, me.  At least, that's how it seemed.  And not in a "Wow, look how pretty her hair is" kind of way.

At least I got to be there with my best friend.  So, we laughed our way through it.

And then we went to the grocery store.  And then we decided we were cold and tired, so we went home.

Not much of a date.

Except that it was with my best friend.  Whom I also happen to be very much in love with.

So, it was fabulous.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love that you want to look your best on your dates. :) Just shows how much in love you are! (I feel that way too.)