Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 1158: Endorphin High

So, for several reasons (but mainly, still trying to get Darling A on a better schedule), I decided to go to the early morning Boot Camp today, from 5:30-6:30.  Baby B helped make sure I got there on time by waking me up at 4 to assist him in a search for Chunk Sheet.  Fortunately, it didn't take long to locate the sheet.  Unfortunately, I never fell back asleep.

I kept waiting for it to hit me all day, but it never did.

Instead, I just stayed in a really awesome mood pretty much all day.  The class was tough, but fun.  There were about 60 people there--insane, really.  And apparently, they are all regulars because several of them singled me out as the new person.  In a good, welcoming way.  And it just felt kind of really nice to be up and at the world bright and early.  Definitely assisted by the fact that warm weather has finally struck and it was a beautiful morning.

The kids and I joined up with a bunch of friend for a picnic at the park, although, our picnic was kind of messed up by Darling A.  She was apparently quite stoked about finally being able to take her morning nap at her own leisure and slept from about 8:45-noon.  Awesome for her.  Sad for the kids planning on meeting up with their friends at 11:30.  But, they still got in plenty of play time in the sunshine.

And the rest of the day just continued to be a happy one for me.

I happened to read "Be Anxiously Engaged", by Elder M. Russell Ballard.  It explains exactly why I've been feeling so great lately.  I was especially struck by this paragraph:


When our hearts are no longer set upon the things of this world, we will no longer aspire to the honors of men or seek only to gratify our pride (see D&C 121:35–37). Rather, we take on the Christlike qualities that Jesus taught:
  •  
    We are gentle and meek and long-suffering (see D&C 121:41).
  •  
    We are kind, without hypocrisy or guile (see D&C 121:42).
  •  
    We feel charity toward all men (see D&C 121:45).
  •  
    Our thoughts are always virtuous (see D&C 121:45).
  •  
    We no longer desire to do evil (see Mosiah 5:2).
  •  
    The Holy Ghost is our constant companion, and the doctrines of the priesthood distill upon our souls as the dews from heaven (see D&C 121:45–46).

And then this:


Now, brothers and sisters, I’m not encouraging religious zealotry or fanaticism. Quite the contrary! I’m simply suggesting that we take the next logical step in our complete conversion to the gospel of Christ by assimilating its doctrines deep within our hearts and our souls so we will act and live consistently—and with integrity—what we profess to believe.
This integrity simplifies our lives and amplifies our sensitivities to the Spirit and to the needs of others. It brings joy into our lives and peace to our souls—the kind of joy and peace that comes to us as we repent of our sins and follow the Savior by keeping His commandments.

If you have time, I highly recommend reading (or listening to) the entire talk.  It is such a great way to have joy!

Life feels so fabulous right now.  I'm loving it!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks for sharing. I loved the message of his talk.