Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 35: AA

As in Another Accomplishment.

Today's Joyful Moment came in finishing a huge project of organizing photos on my computer. We got a new iMac somewhere around the time I started doing these daily posts. Before that we had a Dell. So, I had to transfer over all of the zillions of photos on that computer and begin the task of organizing them. Because of the nature of things, there were many duplicates, some folders were split and distantly divided, and some edits were lost.

Plus, the new computer has a feature where it organizes photos by who is in them. So, I also had to go through and name each individual in each photo.

It's probably taken me at least 50 hours to do. At least.

And today I finished.

But it was a little bittersweet. Now I'll have to find another project to take up my "free time" that doesn't involve moving anything besides my fingers (because I'm too tired).

Anyway, I really wanted to finish it before the baby comes and I did. And now I have all these wonderful photos back in one user-friendly place (most of them were being stored on an external hard drive because my prior computer was a laptop with not nearly enough memory). And that feels really good.

Plus, I'm not really a finisher. Especially when it comes to organization projects. I'm a great beginner. But then I get overwhelmed by the task, lose sight of its significance, and move on to something else.

But this time, I stuck it out and I'm so pleased with myself. and I was able to pull up a bunch of old videos of the kids today when they wanted to watch their younger selves in action.

And that brought on a whole series of Joyful Moments for all of us.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments of accomplishments!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I am becoming a better parent. That brought me joy.

Linda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm very proud of you. And somewhat jealous. If I lived in your basement you could now organize my photos. You must have gotten the "great- beginner, not-so-great finisher" gene from me. Sorry. I'm still working on it.

My joy was bittersweet. My sister needed a shoulder to cry on and mine was the one she picked. She's one of those people I have on a high pedestal so I'm flattered that I was who she turned to.