Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 59: Hiccups

That's what BB had when I woke up this morning. And they were pretty strong. So, I reached over and grabbed HH's hand so he could share in it.

And that was my Joyful Moment.

Pretty simple, I know. I think I tell him almost daily that I wish he could experience pregnancy for just 24 hours. Usually, I say this meaning that I wish he could experience all the discomforts and unpleasantries that come with pregnancy, so he could understand why I do the things I do. But I do feel bad that he misses out on the cool parts too. So, this morning it was fun letting him share in the experience of feeling little baby hiccups.

It's things like that that make me remember that this is a little person growing inside of me--and not just a life-sucking parasite. Whenever he has the hiccups I just want to hold him and give him comfort--even though I know "they" say that it doesn't bother babies at all. He had them for a very long time this morning and I felt really bad for him.

Still, it was really cute.

2 comments:

Amy said...

cute! My joyful moment came yesterday when Scott took Emalyn to a party, Tyler with him to excercise, and put Krysta down for a nap so I could have a nice long nap (since I had the flu).

Meg said...

I can't wait for that! :)

Mine was going couch shopping with Weston yesterday, which consisted of us sitting down and either saying "no" and getting up immediately to try the next one, or "yes" and sitting in comfort and talking for a while.