Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 41: Cravings

Chocolate, to be exact. I have eaten so much chocolate during this pregnancy, it's truly embarrassing. Except that no one else knows how much. Besides, possibly, HH. And I'm a little embarrassed for him to know, but he's still pretty nice about it.

Basically, we are talking pounds upon pounds of chocolate being ingested by yours truly.

So, I stopped buying it.

I used to have a bag on hand at all times which we refer to around here as my "stress bag". Any time I feel stressed, I go open one small piece of very dark, very yummy chocolate from my bag and I'm good. No more than one a day.

But these days I can't control myself. I don't dare buy any for fear I'd eat the entire bag in one day.

Today I just couldn't handle it any more. So, I found a way around my self-imposed abstinence. But keep in mind that I'm also tired and I don't feel like doing much these days. So, I had to find a minimal effort way around.

No Bake Cookies. With extra cocoa powder. And then I threw in some butterscotch chips in some and marshmallows in some others. Just to make it really gourmet.

Oh, and some ground flax seed with the oats. I'm so healthy I can hardly stand it.

And they were very yummy. And very easy.

But the truly Joyful Moment came with Little M's amazement that I could actually make cookies without putting them in the oven. He kept asking when I was going to bake them. I kept telling him I wasn't because they're "No Bake Cookies". Then he'd ask when I was going to cook them. I think he's picked up on the fact that I'm a little slow these days.

He hates that I have to bake things in the oven. He frequently tries to convince me to serve foods and desserts to him raw (like pizza and chocolate chip cookies). He just doesn't have the patience for the oven.

So, he was delighted when he got to eat them shortly after I plopped them down on the wax paper (we did have to let them cool for a few minutes, so they weren't a complete gooey mess).

And it was a Joyful Moment because I have fond memories of making these with my mom when I was little. And I miss my mom, so that was fun to reminisce.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments involving something yummy, gooey, and relatively easy!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I got my car back today after almost a week.

Linda said...

My day was going pretty lousy - after 3 days of preparation I made the trip to the consulate NYC, only to be turned away and told to come back when I was really ready.

And then I had a miracle. I raced to the temple in the hopes of making it before the next session but as I walked in the door and looked at the clock I knew I was too late. Only I wasn't - Everyone patiently waited for one person, me. I felt very very grateful.