Here's a list of some of the highlights:
- Seeing his excitement over green cranberry orange "cupcakes", as he calls them, for breakfast
- And watching him blow out the candle I stuck in it
- Hearing him proudly tell Kayli's music teacher that he's "free" today
- His excitement over getting phone calls (and messages) from extended family
- Hearing him exclaim, "Mommy, it's cute!" when he first saw the cake I made for him
- HH coming home early and taking them on a walk so I could get things set up
- Watching him eat about a hundred green crepes filled with strawberries, as he requested for dinner
- Watching him open his presents--especially that dump truck I was so excited about (later he told me that was the very best part of the day)
- Getting a "thank you" kiss
- Watching him and Sweet P play quite happily with the new toys
But a great day like this also takes a lot of work (at least, for me). So, I'm really looking forward to putting my tired feet up and being done with all of it. I'm just so grateful things worked out so that he could have a very happy birthday.
Wishing you all a happy St. Patrick's Day full of green Joyful Moments!