Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 37: Melting My Heart

We've actually had sun and warm weather ('warm' is a relative term now, meaning 'above freezing') pretty much the whole week. It's still fairly chilly, but I can see the grass. I don't need ice picks and crampons to climb the ice mountain that was surrounding my mailbox. And the road is no longer paved with ice.

So, tonight we decided to venture out for a walk. Ever since HH and I were dating, walking has always been one of our favorite things to do together. And we haven't been able to do it for several months now since the sidewalks were buried in snow (and we would have lost a few limbs to frostbite) besides that one day I went with the kids a couple weeks ago.

But tonight we went out as a whole family, HH included. And, of course, the dog, who was ecstatic beyond belief to be going on a walk again. We all really enjoyed it. Besides a bit of a chilly wind, it was definitely a Joyful Moment.

The melted snow was rushing down the drains in torrents and it was music to my ears. I am SO ready for Spring. So, that really enhanced my Moment. All I need is a nice bit of very dark chocolate and my Joyful Moment would have been perfect...

No comments: