Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 308: The Best Saturday In A Long Time

I'm usually annoyed with our Saturdays.  I look forward to using them to relax and get caught up from the week's busyness, but then they wind up being overrun by their own busyness and we just end the day even more tired and behind than we were when it started.

Annoying.

But today was different and it was full of Joyful Moments.

We started it off by dropping the kiddos off at two different locations (This was our first time leaving Baby B during the day, so I wanted to make sure my friend wasn't overburdened by having to watch the other two as well--they went to a different friend's).  Then we drove an hour and a half (including getting a bit lost) to our nearest temple belonging to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  And there we got to be a part of another friend's wedding.

All of the coordinating to make this happen to quite a bit of effort--not to mention, courage for me to leave my baby behind.  And I almost backed out multiple times, but I kept feeling like I really needed to be there.  And then the morning was somewhat stressful (we accidentally slept in 15 minutes, in addition to everything else).  But besides just the blessing of being able to take in the peacefulness of being in the temple, we were able to show our support and congratulations for our friend in his new marriage.  For a variety of reasons, not a lot of people were able to attend, so I felt grateful that I had been pushed to make sure we could.

And it was a Joyful Moment for SO MANY reasons:  Witnessing our friend's joy, sitting next to my HH and remembering our own wedding day, and listening to some good marriage advice, to name a few.

And then their camera wasn't working after the ceremony, so I got to play photographer!  Taking pictures of a newlywed couple is a Joyful Moment that I never expected to have and probably won't ever again!  It was really fun!

And then tonight we decorated the tree.  And I'm pretty sure it goes without saying, but that was a sweet, memorable Joyful Moment.  And we managed to do it without breaking any of my old and fragile ornaments, so that was an added bonus.  Cha-ching!

And now I need to go change Baby B's brand new diaper that I'm pretty sure isn't so new any more.

Wishing you all Joyful days that aren't tainted by stinky diapers!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm so happy that it worked out after all your planning!

We had lots of joy - went to the Nutcracker Ballet, then to see the lights on Temple Square, then to Festival of the Trees. Every part of me felt joy except for my aching feet. :)