Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 316: Testimony

So, I have a manual with an assigned lesson for each week to teach my Primary class at church.  It's supposed to work out perfectly for the year.  Somehow, this year, we ran out of lessons a little early.  I didn't skip any lessons, so I don't know what happened!  All that is left is the Christmas lesson, which is for next week.

Today I had to improvise.  So, I decided to expound a bit more on a lesson we recently had about testimonies and being valiant in your faith.  I had each of the kids write their testimony down on a special card they made with valiant attributes they each possess.  Then I bore my testimony.  And then (and this is exactly what I wanted to happen) one of the girls in my class asked if she could bear her testimony.  Yes!  And then a couple more kids followed suit, sharing their faith in our Savior with me and the rest of the class.  It was so excellent and inspiring.  And very rewarding.

And truly a perfect Joyful Moment.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that strengthen your faith and bring you peace!

1 comment:

Linda said...

WOW! every primary teacher's dream You're making a difference in the lives of your class members. And we know that they need your influence.

Our primary class brings us a lot of joy too. Sometimes they are so enthusiastic about these Old Testament stories that we have a hard time containing them. :)

And we ended the day having dinner with your Aunt K and (almost) Uncle J. They have more joy than ever since K received a special letter on Saturday, giving them the okay to take the next step. Lots and lots and lots and lots of PURE JOY.