Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 313: Red Ranch

Today's Joyful Moment was pulling out all the stops and getting my stuff ready in time for the boutique.  And then hanging with my gal pals, trying to sell our stuff.

We didn't really sell much (apparently, the boutique I missed during Thanksgiving was much more profitable), but we had a fabulous time hanging out together.  I did walk away with $15 actual profit, after paying my portion of "renting our space".  And my friends and I did some trades together which resulted in a tres chic button ring, two hats that are beyond cute and girly, and three packets of red ranch mix.  That didn't come from my gal pals.  It came from an odd man and was really nowhere near the equal of the pan of cinnamon rolls he took after handing them to me.  But the Red Ranch then became excellent fodder for many many jokes the rest of the night.  My friends had me laughing so hard, I cried.

So, there you have it.  My Joyful Moments today were mostly funny.  Although, bringing home $15 that I made through my hard work felt pretty good, too.  I know it's not much, but it's been a very long time since I actually made money of my own.  Yay me.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and some sweet sweet Red Ranch!

1 comment:

Linda said...

This morning, as I read 3 Nephi 17, I was felt overwhelming gratitude and joy for our Savior, for His love, His compassion, His teachings, His understanding, His ability to succor each of us and lift us and lead us to the unspeakable joy that lasts eternally.