Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 312: Holiday Boutique

I'm going to be selling my wares at one of those tomorrow.  That is very much a first for me.  I have very cute, creative, and crafty friends.  Seriously, they make AMAZING stuff.  So, when they asked me to join them at the holiday boutique, I just laughed.  I mean, come on.  What was I going to sell?  Blog posts?

But then one suggested that I bring in some baked goods.  And then I got to thinking.  And I decided that even though it flies completely in the face of my efforts to simplify my life, I really really wanted to do it.

So, I've spent the better part of today getting ready for that.  I have 10 mini loaves of pumpkin bread because those can be baked ahead of time and still taste their bestest.  I have a huge double batch of cookie dough sitting in the fridge.  Don't worry, it isn't lonely.  It's joined by a big ol' pot of dough that will become amazing amazing amazing cinnamon rolls tomorrow.  And I have brand spanking new glass bread pans drying in the sink, just waiting to bake Honey Oat Wheat bread.

And I hope my oven is prepared to be baking pretty much the whole day.

I hope my body is, too.

I know I am.  I love baking.  Which is why, that was today's Joyful Moment.

Except for the part where HH walked in tonight just a short half hour after leaving for basketball announcing that he sprained his ankle.  So, I'm off to tuck him and his giant ankle in to bed.

Wishing you all Joyful Moment and someone akin to Betty Crocker and/or Martha Stewart to tuck you in to bed when you sprain your ankle!

1 comment:

Linda said...

How is your HH today? I hope the sprain is a minor one and he recovers quickly.

I'm coming to the boutique! I've had the cinamon buns.. and the cookies... and both breads sound yummy... In fact, my mouth is watering. See you there (if only in my dreams...)

My joyful moment came in completing the decorating of our tree. I missed my tree last year when it stayed in storage; I love our tree!