Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 322: Playing Favorites

I remember when Sweet P was a baby and she always wanted me and I felt bad for HH.  Here she spent all day with me, and then he'd come home quite eager to hold her, and all she'd want was to return to me.


I've been around the block enough times now (three, to be exact) to know that Daddy will get his turn to shine and be the adored one.  So, this time around, I'm loving being the favorite.  No more guilt.  I know he'll get older and worship his daddy, just like his older sibs.  But for now, he's totally and completely into me.  And me alone.

He giggles when he sees me and his whole face lights up with joy.  And it's a Joyful Moment for me every  time--even at four in the morning.


I'm not eating his face.  He was very tired and sad.  Can you believe his hair?!  It is another source of Joyful Moments for me.  Maybe I shouldn't love all the adoring comments from friends and strangers alike quite so much.  But I do.

And now he's peacefully sleeping on my shoulder.  And if you've ever had the privilege of a (freshly-bathed) baby sleeping in your arms, then you know what a precious Joyful Moment I'm having right now.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments--right now!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Cute cute photos - I'm glad you captured them. Especially in the middle of the night. We finally put together a newsletter to send to friends and family. One week before Christmas. I think that spells R-E-L-I-E-F and J-O-Y.

Meg said...

You are so beautiful. And funny enough, my joyful moment was same as mom's!