Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 311: All Tied Up

Tonight was the night a ton of people were supposed to show up at my house to help tie fleece blankets to donate to the local children's hospital.  At 7 PM.

At about 7:15 PM, I was sitting in my living room tying blankets.  All.  By.  My.  Self.

And I was sad.

But then the doorbell rang!  And it rang a few more times!  Enough, in fact, that we filled up the floor of my living room.  Tying fleece blankets is done best on the floor, in case you're wondering.  When all was said and done, we tied 15 blankets.  Plus the two our family made on Monday night, and we have 17 blankets to donate--so far!  A few of my friends who couldn't make it are still working on some on their own.

The whole evening--after 7:15, of course--was a Joyful Moment!  I'm so grateful for the support this service project has received from my friends.  And I'm grateful to my sister-in-law for being the inspiration for the project.  She's naturally creative and giving, so I just ride in on her coattails.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that fill up the floor of your living room with beautiful goodness!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey, 17 is the magic number. That's how many they donated last year :)

My joyful moments came when I visit taught a woman whose mom just passed away and when I connected for the first time ever with another one who's super busy.