Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 309: Un-Grinching

Tonight we had the privilege of listening to President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, one of the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ as he, our prophet, and his other counselor gave their annual Christmas devotional.

As always, President Uchtdorf's words spoke straight to my heart and brought me a Joyful Moment.  He spoke of truly enjoying this Christmas season.  Which means, of course, remembering Who we are really celebrating.  Did I already mention how stressful last year's Christmas season was?  I've sort of felt cheated ever since.  So, I'm trying really hard to simplify this year, so that I can just enjoy the fun and joy of it.

Another Joyful Moment was when Sweet P came to me this morning and told me that she put Little M's dishes in the dishwasher for him after breakfast.  We've been practicing finding opportunities for service ever since Monday, so this was a double Joyful Moment for me.  Besides just being grateful that she was helping out, it touched my heart that the concept of "service" is really sinking in for her.  And on that same token, Little M provided me with a Joyful Moment when I came down to the basement this afternoon to find it almost completely clean (the basement is their toy room and usually has toys completely covering the floor).  He had cleaned it by himself while Sweet P played.

I love my babies.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments found in serving others and enjoying this holiday season!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I love your babies too!

My joyful moment was during Primary when our kids were so excited to share what they knew about Daniel in the lion's den that they could hardly keep quiet. Infact, they didn't - they just kept sharing. And when I told them I hoped they'd learn at least one knew part of the story reading it directly fromthe scriptures, they did. It was great!

Meg said...

Mine was beating Weston at Uno. 6-5, baby.