Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 321: Girl Time

For some reason the boys took a suuuuuuper long nap today.

This gave Sweet P and I some excellent girl time.  She's been excessively whiny and weepy lately and I'm struggling to deal with it with patience and/or love.  But today, there was none of that.  She came home happy, happily showed me her school work while telling me about her day, snuggled up with me to read all about "Mr. Tickle" from the "Mr. Men" books (LOVE those!), listened intently while I shared a funny story from my courtship with HH, and then had an amazing violin practice.

Amazing because she stayed cheerful the whole time and because she played simply amazingly.  It was like watching a pro.  And was one of those moments that makes me grateful that we've stuck it out this far.

And the whole afternoon was a fun, girly Joyful Moment!


Wishing you all fun, girly Joyful Moments shared with someone as sweet as Sweet P!

1 comment:

Linda said...

A rare thing happened tonight - Your father helped me in the kitchen! He's relly quite good when we cook or bake together, but for a variety of reasons he doesn't do it often, in fact, hardly ever. He does numerous other things around the house, especially things that I can't or don't want to do, so I'm not complaining. But tonight he helped me make peanut brittle to take to our friends. And it really was a joyful event, one we'll remember.