Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 458: Foot Crackin'

Today was full.  There was a lot of good, but also a lot of stress and worry.  And in all the busyness, I was not as aware of the Joyful Moments.

Tonight we headed to the chiropractor for a much needed visit.  I have been wanting to ask him to adjust my foot since I injured it back in early February, but haven't because I feel bad asking someone else to touch my foot.  Not that I have particularly gross feet, or that I suppose it would be the worst thing he's ever done, I just felt uncomfortable about it all.  HH was unaware of all of this and brought up my plantar fasciitis to the doctor.

He, of course, quickly dismissed my embarrassment and set to work.  Not only did his chiropractic care make my foot feel better immediately, but he also told me some exercises and stretches that will help it to really heal (it's still been a bit tender and achy, in spite of all my hopes), in addition to continued chiropractic care.

That, my friends, was the best news I could receive at that moment.  Especially, because the most stressful event of the day occurred right before we left the house for his office.  It was nice to have something so great to focus on instead.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments with out awkward foot touching!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Oh could you please tell me what those exercises are? I've been having foot problems too!

Also, my joyful moment was watching Wyatt clap for the first time! :D

Becky said...

Our Sunday lesson was on "Joy in Gospel Living" and I realized that one of my daily joyful moments is reading about yours. So, thank you for sharing them each day. It really does make a difference.

And I need to do better at looking for and sharing mine.

Linda said...

My goodness, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Such an example of endurance and persistence. I am so proud to be your mom. And you ought to know that I did NOT read yesterday's post beyond the warning. You know that I love surprises so I'm actually not even curious - maybe that's weird. Just let me know when I can go back and read your joy for yesterday.

My joy for yesterday and today was spending time with your Dad clearing a space to plant a garden. I am super excited to be able to grow our own produce again and hope we get to that possibility this year. It feels very joyful to look at what we've already accomplished. And since our spring has been filled with alternating warm days/ snow days/ rainy days/ freezing days and nights, I think we might have been disappointed if we'd already planted. Which helps me feel even more joy...

Markell said...

YEA for chiropractors!!!!! I miss mine. :( I got spoiled having one so close.