Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 482: They Think They're Just Fishin'

Have you heard this song by Trace Adkins?  It's a little more twangy than I really appreciate, but it's a cute song anyway.

Especially because HH just took this kids fishin' today.  I wasn't sure how Baby B would do, so we went to the Farmer's Market instead.

HH and the kids were gone quite a bit longer than expected.  HH was stalling, praying they'd each catch a fish.  And finally, they did.  They were so proud and excited when they got home!!!  Listening to them tell me all about it and seeing the following photos was totally my Joyful Moment.

And they did catch and release, so there was nothing too nasty (besides their clothes and hands and faces!) for me to clean when they got home to put a damper on my Joyful Moment.


Not sure what's on her face, but Sweet P was pretty proud of her little fish.


Little M was excited to show me this big ol' fish he caught.

Ah, so sweet.

And then we went out with some friends to celebrate one birthday (although, we discovered that of the six of us, four have birthdays within the next two weeks).  Many more Joyful Moments were to be had eating yummy food, enjoying good (and sometimes strange) conversation, and then rocking out with Rock Band.

Good day.  Good times.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments making memories that qualify as a "big 'un"!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Do you remember fishing with your daddy? I remember fishing with mine - Those are some good good memories.

We went hiking and picnicking with Ryan and Mel and had a great time. Came home and watched "Gnomeo and Juliet" - not my favorite. Plus, Melanie just keeps feeding us all this yummy food - so lots and lots of joyful moments today.