Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 474: Girl Time

Sweet P has another violin recital on Sunday.  This one is a special Suzuki Graduation Recital where all the kids learning via the Suzuki method here at the North Pole get together and play, like in this video.  Although, Sweet P is still a few songs away from this one.  It's really cool.  I'm sure I'll be posting more about that on Sunday.

I took her to the rehearsal today.  Things were running a little behind, so we had a bit of a wait until it was her turn to join in.  Mostly, we sat and watched the other kids playing.  But we also did some chatting, some back rubbing, took some pictures with my phone, and giggled.

It was really sweet.  And it was my Joyful Moment.

It's funny because we didn't used to have the best of relationships.  And then when we began violin, I worried it would destroy the relationship we did have.  But, it's actually made it way better and become such a great opportunity to share positive time together.  I love it.

And I'm so proud of my Sweet P for working so hard at it!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments resulting in new photos to post on your new phone to replace the boring ones that came programmed onto it!

1 comment:

Linda said...

We'll praying for sweet p's performance; wish we could be there.

I had a joyful moment watching the video "I Am a Child of God" on the Mormon Channel online. It was done very well, and I felt the joy of knowing I am a child of God. And then I learned that Scott's sister and her family are in the video. How cool is that!