Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 467: I Got Out of Bed

That wasn't necessarily a Joyful Moment, but it was at least a big change from yesterday.

Did you notice that Blogger is starting to catch up?  It finally posted my long, woeful tale of misery.  Enjoy that one.

Today was not as bad as it could have been, but I'm still struggling to accept just how much this  infection has really got me.  My brother-in-law and a friend arrived tonight to stay for a couple days, this was, of course, my Joyful Moment.  I really like him (and his friend is quite nice as well) and always enjoy hanging out with him.

But the preparations for their visit just about killed me today.  Vacuuming the upstairs, cleaning those guest bathrooms, and doing four loads of laundry revived my once broken fever.  That was a most unjoyful moment.  But, fortunately, I was able to lay down and rest while the boys took their nap and that did me a lot of good.

HH took over with getting the house in order and preparing their rooms once he got home.  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful husband.

Now, I just hope I can get better so I can enjoy their visit!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments on those days where just getting out of bed is quite an accomplishment!

1 comment:

Linda said...

So nice to talk to you on the phone. We're praying for you to recover asap. And sending lots of comforting and loving thoughts.

My joy was spending a few hours with the Rawlings. I love them!