Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 479: Girill!

That's me.  I'm a Grill Girl.  Girill.

Get it?

If not, don't worry about it.  My illness seems to have wiped out several brain cells and I'm hardly ever even sure what I'm talking about any more.


But I can still grill.


This is our grill.  I got it for HH last year for Father's Day.  It made him happy.  I like making HH happy.

Tonight we fed the missionaries again.  And I grilled almost the entire meal.  Grilled pork tenderloin.  Grilled potatoes and onions (with fresh herbs from my herb garden!).  Grilled asparagus (some people on the Internet say that asparagus is amazing with balsamic vinegar--they lie!).  And then a new crescent roll recipe that I baked in the oven.  Topped with homemade strawberry jam.

I'm not gonna lie--it was pretty yummy.  Except that the asparagus really would have been better balsamic vinegar-free.

Still, it went over quite well and almost every bit of it was devoured.

And then we ate cookies.

I didn't grill those.

But all of that grilling gave me a Joyful Moment.  Even if it was raining.

Wishing you all Joyful grilling Moments!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I get it, or got it. That's how most of you kids said "girl" once upon a time.

My joyful day has been spent getting ready to go visit your big bro and his fam for few days. We are sooooo excited! Haven't been there for a year and a half. Memories are just waiting to be made! The only thing better would be if everyone were going to be there.

Meg said...

Do you think it's possible to grill cookies? That would be awesome. I'm sure there's some way to do it... but maybe they would taste funny. Gross.

Anyway, my joyful moment was a night out with my girlfriends. It was great, but it went WAY too late and now I'm wasted! I guess it would have been joyfuller if I had gone home earlier. :)

Unknown said...

That really does sound yummy! Except the basalmic vinegar. I may take your word for that one.

Tonight I was feeling overworked and overwhelmed (I'm still coming down from that really). Tonight my daughter said her prayer herself, which always makes me smile. But I really wanted to laugh when she said "Please bless Mommy to come and sleep in Miriam's room."
That was my joyful moment. That and sitting under an umbrella in the rain. Before it got bad.