Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 480: Kismet

Over a week ago, some friends made plans to go out together this Saturday.  Which means, that I've known for over a week that I need to contact the babysitters and make sure they're available (we have two cute sisters who come--how luck are we?!).


Of course, with this little Darling Pants, how luck are they?!

Have I mentioned lately how much I loathe making phone calls?  It doesn't matter who the call is to--the doctor, the school, a friend, the babysitters, my mom--I dread picking up the phone (sorry, Mom!).  I don't know why.  It's just a MAJOR struggle for me.

So, as of this evening, I hadn't yet reached out to the babysitters.

Sweet P had her first tee-ball practice tonight.  (Side note:  I took pictures, thinking it would be today's JM.  But it was cold, and everyone had to go to the bathroom because apparently they ignored me when I told them to go before we left so I had to drive them over to a nearby business establishment to do their business in the middle of practice and then I looked around and realized that my children all had dinner on their faces still and it was embarrassing and did I mention it was COLD?  Not to worry, I know future Joyful Moments will certainly take place at tee-ball.  Just not so much tonight.)

That was a long side note.  Even though it was in parenthesis, I feel like we need to kind of refresh.  So, after tee ball practice we headed over to Target to get some tee ball gear.

And you'll never guess who we bumped into!  Except that I spent the first half of this post talking about the babysitters, so maybe you will.  Because that's who it was.  How excited was I?!  Excited enough that it really was today's Joyful Moment.  Because I don't have to make a phone call!  Except, I just realized that I did still have to make a phone call to confirm with their mom because it was just one of the babysitters and her dad at Target.

Huh.  Well, weird.  That still felt like my Joyful Moment when I reviewed my day.  And now I've typed this ridiculously long post saying very much about very little, so I'm not changing it.

I hope you've enjoyed this mental journey with me.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that make sense all the way through!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Personally, I love love love reading your thought processes :)

My joyful day was spent in the car - with your dad, little sis and her hh and baby b. We had a great time, all 12 hours of the drive. :) And then we arrived at your big bro's and got hugs from him and his wife, not to mention mints on our pillows. Super joyful.

And I slept in the next morning until someone had the courage to send 2 little boys with loud giggles down to the basement and woke me up. At 10 a.m. Can you believe it?!