Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day 462: Flowers, Cards, And Candy

HH likes to sing that song to me.  It's pretty much as good as the real thing.

So, today was FANTASTIC!  Fantastically full of Joyful Moments, that is.

It started off with yummy breakfast in bed (actually, first was a little snuggle time with Baby B so HH could bring my breakfast tray in without his "help".  This was super sweet because he was really missing me, having been put to bed by the baby sitters the night before).


And an amazing assortment of gifts.  Sweet P has been hard at work all week making me cards and stories and pictures.  Little M made a project at school.  This is the first year they've really gotten into it and it made it even better!


HH has always made sure to make Mother's Day special and this year did not disappoint.  He miraculously got me the Bosch mixer I decided I wanted on Thursday.  I still can't believe he got it here in time.  And I am soooo soooo sooo suuuuuper excited for all the great things I get to make with it!!!!!  Joyful Moments galore!!!

Then at church I was treated to pie with all of my church friends.  Well, the girls anyway.  Best Mother's Day gift from a church group Ever.

In addition to my breakfast in bed (which I took in the kitchen since I wanted to spend time with everyone), HH made me an amazing dinner.  It was seriously some of (if not THE) best chicken I've EVER had!  And I'm really picky about chicken.  And then he cleaned up the whole kitchen by himself. I love my HH.

And of course, I can't complete this post without mentioning the Joyful Moment when I called my mama to wish her a happy Mother's Day.  She's awesome.  She continues to teach me so many essential truths and concepts in how to be a great mom.  I want to be like her when I grow up.  She's just one of those people that pretty much everyone who knows her loves.  She's both my mama and one of my best friends.  I could not ever ask for a better example or friend.

I love you, Mama!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and a very happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Thanks, you made my eyes water. I love you too! I am so blessed with my own HH and 5 great kids, their spouses, and their great kids.

I found joy in hearing from each of those 5 great kids and some of their spouses. That made my day!