Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 780: Artichoke Hearts

Today was rough.

Surprise.

But dinner was a delicious success.  HH can't stop raving about it.  Which was perfect because I bought the ingredients with him in mind, hoping to create a restaurant worthy dish.

As he was eating it at dinner he said, "This tastes like something I'd get a restaurant!"

And it was my Joyful Moment.  So, I'm going to post the recipe here to share my joy with you.  And also, so I don't forget how I made it!

Chicken Artichoke Pasta

1 lb. chicken, season with salt, pepper, and thyme, saute and dice.
6 oz. seasoned sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
1 pkg. frozen artichoke hearts (I think it might have been 16 oz.)
3 green onions, sliced
4 good-sized garlic cloves, minced
16 oz. fun-shaped pasta
Parmesan cheese, grated

While cooking pasta, saute garlic in some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes over medium heat.  After a few minutes, add in the artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, and green onions.  Heat through.

Toss with cooked pasta.  Sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.

Serve immediately and enjoy the joy.

Wishing you all delicious Joyful Moments!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That reminds me of the dish my HH created when he came home from work and I was cooking plain old chicken breasts. He plopped artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, some black olives and some Mozarella on top and it was delicious!

Kudos to you for thinking of what your HH would want before he came home to do it himself!

Cheryl said...

To be fair, I should have added olives if I was 100% catering to my HH. He loves those. I don't. So, I thought about it and skipped it. It is a fabulous combination of ingredients though!

Linda said...

This sounds so delicious! I can't have tomatoes right now, so will have to try it in the future. And I thought it was you who tried to persuade me to like olives a couple of years ago?

My JM was spending an evening with my baby sis and her HH.

Cheryl said...

Mom--I like raw olives. Cooked = blech. You could still try this dish. Just add a few other ingredients. Mushrooms? Although, i think those aren't your favorite either. I'll keep thinking...