Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 801: New Sisters

Not the normal kind.

We call each other "Brother" and "Sister" in our church.

I mean, we also use first names.  But you can just as easily refer to someone as Brother Smith or Sister Jones.  Assuming, of course, that is their correct last name.

Some people think it's weird.

I like it.  It's a good reminder to me that we are all children of God.  Thus, in a very real sense, brothers and sisters.

Remember how I've posted a few times about Visiting Teaching?  When I go with another woman (a.k.a. my "companion") to visit a few other women that are members of my congregation.  Well, my companion recently moved.  And the whole system got switched up.  Meaning a new companion and three new women, or sisters, for me to visit.

I was a little sad to be changing.  But now, I get to visit three women I'm already friends with, to varying degrees.  Which is pretty much super fun.

Today I visited two of these "new sisters" with my "new companion" (we sort of have our own lingo in our church).  And it was a Joyful Moment through and through.  Wonderful ladies that I know I'm going to learn so much from and I'm excited to have our friendships grow!

And then we took a picture of the other new sister around here.


Can you see her?  Definitely growing!

Wishing you all changes that bring Joyful Moments!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Cute! You look awesome. I think I'm bigger than you. Seriously.

My JM yesterday was sitting at the dinner table and listening to everyone say a reason why they love Mom. I agreed with everything everyone said. We have the best Mom ever!

Cheryl said...

Thanks. And, I doubt it! But I'll be honest, doing yoga definitely has made a difference in my growth.

And I so wish I'd been there!