Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 802: Pie

Today was not my best day.

But, of course, that kind of thing is never planned beforehand.

Food was, however.

It turned out that I was making that chicken Alfredo sun-dried tomato pasta HH loved.  And apple pie.  Because HH has seriously been missing pie lately.  And I wanted to do something for him since he's done so much for me lately.

But I've been having some serious issues with my energy level lately and today was no exception.  All day I kept questioning if making pie was really a good idea because it might take all the energy I had, leaving me with nothing left for the rest of the day.

But, something compelled me to just make it anyway.

And then HH contacted me to let me know he'd had some bad news.  Added to a couple rough days.

And suddenly, making him that pie was today's Joyful Moment.

Forget what all of the leading psychologists say, there is nothing wrong with showing love with food.

At least, for me.  And offering it is one of my favorite ways to show it.  Because it's something I'm actually good at.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that taste yummy!

No comments: