Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day 798: Board Breaking

We bought Sweet P her first re-breakable board tonight.

She has to be able to break it as part of her next testing.  But it's kind of tight when brand new, so needs to be "broken in", quite literally.

I was actually out running a marathon trip of errands when she got home with it and HH had all the kids in bed (and the house clean!) by the time I got home.  He showed it to me and explained about needing to break it several times to kind of loosen it up.

So, he and I took turns breaking the board.  And it was actually really fun.

Good couples' therapy?  (c:

It was today's Joyful Moment for me.  Most time spent with HH is just that, of course.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments involving a good roundhouse kick, or two!

4 comments:

Linda said...

WOW! I hope we get to watch her break the board a few times when we visit. :)

My JM was stopping at my other brother's on the way to the temple this morning. Living closer to my family for a while is a very joyful thing. After all the years so far away it's amazing that I can visit some of them whenever I want to. I think you can relate.

Cheryl said...

I watched her try this morning, with no success. But hopefully, she'll have it all figured out. And then I'm sure she'll proudly show you!
I was just thinking yesterday how nice it would be to live close enough to my family to hang out with them...

Ashley and Drue said...

"You think anyone want to get a round-house kick to the face while I'm wearing THESE bay boys?!"

Thats all I could think about reading your post!

We may need to make you some Rex-Kwan-Do american flag pants for the next session of therapy!:)

Missed you at the Y today.

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry, but I don't know that reference. Or what Rex-Kwan-Do pants are. Napoleon Dynamite, maybe?

And I was at the gym on Friday! I just went to spinning. But I saw you in yoga.