Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 787: Healthy(er)

Today's Joyful Moment was waking up and not hearing any coughing from across the hall.  And the little people sleeping in a bit due to Daylight Savings.

I know it gets a bad rap, but I'm actually a fan.  The adjustment can be a bit rough, especially with kiddos, but I really like it being darker in the mornings and lighter at night.  These things make me happy.

Anyway, the essential oils seem to have worked their magic last night.  Baby B isn't 100% yet, but he's a million times better than last night.  Huge Joyful Moment of relief for this mama.

The funny thing is, I've been fighting this same cold for nearly a week now and I've only tapped into the gold mine of essential oils a tiny a bit.  I better take a page from my mommy book and take better care of myself!

Still, a sick mama is better than a sick toddler.  At least I can blow my own nose.  I was positive we wouldn't be able to make it to church, but we made it and did just fine.

And then came home and he conked out for a nice long nap.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments and speedy recoveries to any who are sick!

2 comments:

Linda said...

My JM's were abundant. We spent the day with your oldest bro and his wonderful family. Doing lots of talking, some walking, some friendship bracelet making, some cooking and eating, and some fun time with grandkids in the car on the way to and from Church. The weather was threatening to make us head down the road early, but that ended up being unnecessary so these JM's were even more of a treasure.

Cheryl said...

So wish I could have been there!