Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 12: Undecided

So, some days I struggle to decide what to post about because, while I've been experiencing multiple Joyful Moments every day, sometimes they just don't seem very noteworthy, or interesting enough to be shared.

And other days, I have several that (to me at least) are wonderful and profound.

Today was one of those days.

Of course, joy is in the eye of the beholder, or the heart of the holder, or something like that. So, having said that, maybe what I'm about to share won't seem like a very big deal at all.

But I've decided which one I'm going to share, so here it is:

On Monday nights we have Family Home Evening, where we share time together with songs, a lesson, treats, and a game (when there's time). We just started using a manual produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for our lessons. You can view it here. It's written and geared for teaching children between the ages of 18 months and 3 years, so it's very simple and basic. Perfect for our small children, especially since they both take turns teaching the lesson.

Tonight was Little M's first turn teaching a lesson from this manual. I, of course, helped him quite a bit, but he did a fantastic job. And it was really sweet to listen to him talk to us about Heavenly Father's plan for our happiness. And then to hear him sing the song, "I am a Child of God". And then to really make my Joyful Moment full of joy, he bore a sweet little testimony at the end of Heavenly Father's plan and eternal families.

And it was just a wonderful Moment.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Listening to my three year old tell me that I'm pretty. I needed to hear that today.

Melissa said...

That is a great Joyful Moment! Mine was getting the kids in bed.

Linda said...

I can relate to Melissa's joyful moment; lots of nights were like that :)

And it sounds like he gave an AWESOME lesson. I wish we'd been there too.

My joyful moment was taking some friends to dinner to thank them for letting us move in with them for 30 hours with about 5 minutes notice when we returned from our last trip and the home we've been living in was unavailable. Friends like that are worth many many joyful moments!