Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 24: Education

First, to my little sister--HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It was a crazy day, but I'm so sorry I didn't call. I will. I do love you.

Okay, now that you all know what a bad sister I am...

Let me share my joy with you.

I studied Fitness and Wellness in college. As far as making a career out of that, well, I wouldn't do well. And it didn't help that I got pregnant with Sweet P a couple weeks before graduation (who wants a prego personal trainer?) But there has been an unexpected blessing that has come. I've been able to do consultations with friends and family members to help them create healthier lifestyle habits. And I've seen many of them succeed with these plans. And it's awesome!

For me, at least. It makes me feel really good. I'm not totally sure why. It's nice to be using my degree for one thing. I love being a mom, but it's nice to challenge my brain in a different way every once in a while. But also, I know the difference in how it feels to be living a healthy lifestyle vs. a not-so-healthy lifestyle and I love helping other people experience the positive side of that. Love love it.

And today was the second of two requests I had for that this week! Yay! And both requests brought me joy. Making that my Joyful Moment.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments found in doing something that provides fulfillment for you!

3 comments:

Meg said...

My joyful moment is that I forgive you. :) Just kidding. I actually never answered my phone yesterday- it was dead and I kind of let it stay that way. But that's because I was having such a fantastic time with my honey! The whole day was my joyful moment.

Melanie said...

My joy was being able to help out a friend.

Linda said...

My joy was that I finally went on-line to new.familysearch.org and started working on a family history assignment I was given at our family reunion 1 1/2 years ago. YEA FOR ME!