Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 23: The Perfect Gift

First off, it would appear that the spammers have figured out to comment on my current post. I still would like to keep the comment forum as open as possible, so I'm going to wait and see if today was just by chance, or if they'll be making a habit of it. In the mean time, please don't click on any links that are left in the comments, as I can only assume that they will lead to bad sites. And I'm sorry! If this keeps up, I will turn the comment moderator on.

Anyway, back to joyful things.

Little M's birthday is coming up and I've been searching for the perfect dump truck to give him for some time now. This is a more complicated process than it sounds like it should be, but he has so many trucks, I wanted to find a special dump truck. Because a dump truck is all he really wants--even though he has so many trucks!

Anyway, today we were at Target shopping for a variety of other things. I wasn't going to check for dump trucks because he was with me and I need it to be a surprise. But then it appeared on a random shelf--the PERFECT dump truck. It comes with a little screw driver and he can take parts of it apart and screw it back together and I know he's going to love it. Partly, because he already does. I had to be creative to buy it and make him think it's not for him.

And now I'm so excited, I don't know if I'll be able to wait until his birthday. HH had been in the house for about 3 seconds before I dragged him back to the bedroom to show him my awesome find. I'm just so stinkin' excited!!!

And in case you couldn't tell, that was my Joyful Moment for today.

Wishing you all moments of joy in giving something truly appreciated by the receiver!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Watching my husband eat his first taste of wheat in months....and loving every bite.

Linda said...

A friend asked if I wanted to go to the temple with her and I didn't hesitate - It is JOYFUL to live close enough to a temple to be able to go without much difficulty.