Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 21: Mr. Sun

The climate here is much colder and snowier than I am either used to, or comfortable with. This is our first winter here and apparently it's one of the harshest they've experienced in 30 years, or so.

We're just lucky like that.

But today things warmed up to above freezing and the sun shone all day. It was magnificent. Spectacular. So what I needed.

So, after their naps, the kids and I took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood. It's been several months since we did that because there was always too much snow on the sidewalks to even attempt walking.

There were still some spots where we were trudging through deep snow, but in most places people had been able to clear their walks and we had a relatively warm, dry walk. Except that the kids got a kick out of finding the icy parts and stomping on it to break it up.

There was joy in watching their delight. There was joy in spending time with them. There was joy in giving our puppy the exercise she so desperately needs and craves. There was joy in feeling the warm sunshine on my face.

I guess what I'm saying is--this Joyful Moment was pretty full of joy.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments full to overflowing with joy!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

That sounds like fun. We don't get snow down here, so it's fun to hear about what people do in the snow, when they get the chance.

Megan C. said...

Cheryl - I don't know if you remember me. We were roommates right before you got married. I stumbled across this blog and boy, it was just what I needed. My almost 7-month-old still wakes up every two hours in the night and my sleep deprived self has been getting a wee bit depressed. You've inspired me to find the good in each day, despite the exhaustion. Thanks!
Megan (Strong) Coffman

Linda said...

My oldest granddaughter called and read me a couple of poems she wrote. You can't imagine how joyful it is to talk with my grandchildren, especially since we live so far away from all of them.