Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 17: Groceries?

Yeah, I never would have expected my Joyful Moment to have anything to do with grocery shopping. I think I've already mentioned how much I detest this activity.

But a local store was having a great 1-day sale on all sorts of items to fill up our new chest freezer. So, I knew I should go out and take advantage of it rather than buy the same items at full price when we need them.

HH had to go to a meeting this afternoon, but promised to stay home with the kids after so I could do the shopping by myself (so much quicker!). His meeting went a little long. But then he came home (with flowers--another Joyful Moment!) and offered to just go shopping with me.

While I was waiting for him to get home, I kept thinking how nice it would be if we could just all go together. It was getting late and I really didn't feel like being out all by myself. And I just love spending time with him. But I know he really doesn't enjoy shopping either. So, his offer was so greatly appreciated and totally changed my mood.

HH is pretty good at doing that.

So, that was my Joyful Moment today--getting to do something I loathe with someone I adore. It was just so much more enjoyable.

Wishing you all a yucky moment turned into a Joyful Moment by a sweet gesture from someone who loves you!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Winning a 25.00 gift card to a favorite store just because I answered one of their emails.

Linda said...

My yucky moment came at about 11 last night when I realized I had a UTI. I felt pretty awful and knew that I would soon feel worse. I was tired but was in too much pain to sleep. It was late on a Friday night, not a good time to seek medical help, and we don't really know much about how our insurance works right now. The sweet gesture from my husband came in the form of a priesthood blessing, followed by him wrapping a warm blanket around me. I had some medication that eased the pain enough for me to get some sleep, and in the morning the doctor on call phoned in a Rx without me having to see her. :0) Now all my moments are much more joyful!