Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 13: A Phone Call

I wish I could say that today's Joyful Moment was when Little M fell asleep because I SO desperately need that. Sadly, it ain't happened yet.

Fortunately, I did experience other Joyful Moments today. One of which was a phone call.

My phone almost never rings. As in, we go days without hearing a peep out of it. This afternoon it was ringing quite a bit. Odd. But only two of those calls really brought me joy. One was HH saying he was standing outside about a half an hour before I expected him to be home. The other was my sister-in-law.

My dear sweet sister-in-law that I really should be neighbors with but in reality hardly ever see. The one who sent me a super sweet card last week that totally made my week. And then another note trying to apologize for confiscating a few photos of me and keeping them for the last 6 or so years. I haven't spent a single second of the last 6 years missing them, but I got a good laugh out of her funny apology.

And then today she called. And she is just one of those people who always makes you feel great when you talk to her. It doesn't matter if I've done anything even remotely great, she still makes me feel that way. And then I get off the phone and realize that we spent the whole time talking about me, even though SHE is the amazing and interesting and talented one. She inspires me in pretty much every category of my life. Those of you who read her Crazy Chorister Blog know what I'm talking about.

Today was kind of stressful because Little M was just really out of sorts. That phone call was definitely a bright spot in my day. I'm so thankful for it. I'm thankful for my wonderful s-i-l and for the example she continually sets for me. I'm thankful for my brother and his excellent taste in choosing such a wonderful life.

So, here's wishing you all a Joyful Moment interacting with someone genuinely amazing in your own life!

2 comments:

Linda said...

My joy comes from my sweetheart who woke me up at 5 a.m. because he had a conference call and the computer is in the room we're sleeping in. Apparently he had conference calls every half hour or so and ended up staying home all morning. :)! This is in contrast to last Tuesday, when it was his birthday and he was gone by 6:30 in the morning not to return until 11:20 p.m.

Melanie said...

You are really too kind to me, Cheryl. I was so happy to have a moment to call you, and funny enough...I thought I rambled on too much about me. You're an amazing S.I.L and always have been. I love that there are people like you in my life that actually think I'm the person I hope to be someday...it helps motivate me to do better and realize that it's possible. I love you and miss you.

Seriously though, you would have been one of those pioneers that wrote down nice thoughts about others and daily moments of joy on the side of one of the wagons just so other pioneers that needed to have opportunites to look for joy along the journey could get with the program and look towards Zion instead of complaining all the time about the blisters on their feet.

Cheryl, keep it up....you're helping all of us.