Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 19: Sheepish

That's how I'm feeling about today's Joyful Moment. It seems like something that shouldn't have brought me so much joy. Because it came from buying something.

Normally, buying things doesn't bring me joy. It kind of makes me sick, actually.

But today I ordered our new stroller and car seat. And it didn't make me sick. It brought me joy. A surprising amount of joy, really.

Partly because I spent a lot of time researching strollers and I'm super excited about the one we're getting. It's got all the features we've wished our strollers had in the past.

But mostly, I think it's because I'm getting more and more anxious for our little one to arrive and this was one of the things that needed to get checked off before he can come. Not that he would have been stopped by not having a car seat or stroller, but I'm that much closer to being ready.

Yay!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments found in unexpected places!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That is a joyful moment. I am so excited for you all!

Amy said...

That makes perfect sense in why it brought joy-because of what it means to you. We're excited for you too!

Linda said...

As I read this post, I remembered all the ideas you had about creating a stroller, so this must be quite the stroller. I'm excited to see what it can do. :)

My joy came when a prayer was answered. We needed to find our birth certificates for our trip to Saudi Arabia next month and mine was not where it should have been. I panicked because nothing we own is where it used to be, but after a quick prayer I went directly to the right box. It was a sweet miracle.

Melanie said...

My little girl is 6! I feel her joy as she gets to celebrate her life for another year.