Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 102: Life Simplified

Today's Joyful Moment was being able to finally figure out how to make this work.

My first week back, I tried keeping up with the old routine. I stayed caught up, but I felt pretty exhausted. And now I'm only more exhausted.

The second week I just took a break while my mother-in-law was here. That was great because I got a lot of rest. She did help with the cleaning, but mostly she played with Sweet P and Little M--which is exactly what I was hoping would happen while she visited. They needed the attention much more than the carpets needed vacuuming. However, by the end of this last weekend, the house was in complete disarray.

So, last night I went to bed feeling a bit overwhelmed and frustrated. I'm so tired I can't help but rest, but the clutter and growing to-do list are driving me crazy!

Thankfully, I woke up with the guidance in how to handle it. I wrote down that to-do list, but made myself accept that I cannot get it all done in a day. Or probably even a week. I have to pace myself--and that's okay.

And I got a couple of the major things done today. Only a couple out of a very long list, but I still feel good about it. HH even commented on one of them immediately after getting home. It's so nice to have my work acknowledged and appreciated!

And that was it, today's Joyful Moment. Acceptance and Organization. Plus, a little progress.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments of realizing what is really practical and what is too much. And being totally okay with it. And that may be my weirdest Joyful Moment wish for you yet! You're welcome.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey...my little boy who learned to climb out of his crib two weeks ago and hasn't taken a nap since...took a nap today!!! Now that is joy...for both of us.

Meg said...

I needed to hear this- I'm SO overwhelmed with finishing up the school year, keeping up writing thank yous for baby gifts (everyone is SO generous!), packing, moving, and getting ready for baby! So thanks for reminding me that I don't have to do it all today, because I think I was just now trying to figure out how I could- like it really is possible??!!!

Anyway, my joyful moment yesterday was a quiet moment at work watching my kids be crazy and silly and 5. :)

Meg said...

I needed to hear this- I'm SO overwhelmed with finishing up the school year, keeping up writing thank yous for baby gifts (everyone is SO generous!), packing, moving, and getting ready for baby! So thanks for reminding me that I don't have to do it all today, because I think I was just now trying to figure out how I could- like it really is possible??!!!

Anyway, my joyful moment yesterday was a quiet moment at work watching my kids be crazy and silly and 5. :)

Linda said...

My joy came from being part of someone else's joy - passing love from one of kids to another one. I was the lucky grapevine that the good news traveled through.