Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 114: Commitment

If you know me, or if you've been a long time reader of this blog, then you know that I struggle with commitment. Quite a bit. I made a lot of progress when that was the theme for my year two years ago, but it hasn't really applied to making improvements on our house. We've only got one room in our house decorated and we haven't done anything to improve the very weak job of landscaping left by the previous owners.

But today (mostly thanks to the efforts of HH) we made progress. We bought three flowering bushes for the front, two bushes (lilac!) for the back, and six fruit trees (crazy!). And we bought two cool art pieces for the kitchen. Nothing is planted or hung yet, but it still feels like huge progress. Actually committing to something enough to buy it and bring it home feels really good. As in, Joyful Moment good.

Yay!

Wishing you all fully committed Joyful Moments!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

That's great, Cheryl. Well, it's my philosophy that you can't decorate your house all in one shot, you've got to decorate it the same way that life decorates you, one day at a time. That may be a little cheesy, but I really believe that. It'll make it feel more at home! Sounds like you guys had a good time today of making it more your own!

Linda said...

I'm super excited to come smell the lilacs, maybe not this year but some year. :)

I talked to 4 of my 5 children and to the oldest daughter of the one I missed. Time with my family brings me joy.