Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 106: Scooby Dooby Doo!

Today I began the ascent back to the land of the living. I think. I hope. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

Tonight HH and Little M took a Boys' Night. We're really hoping it somehow helps Little M return to his sweet little self and ditch the crazy man he's been lately.

But of course, that meant Sweet P and I got to have a Girl's Night by default. BB had to join the girls since he and I are sort of still connected. So, we went to dinner with another friend and then shared a couple sundaes, just the two of us, afterward. And Sweet P talked a mile a minute through it all.

Then we came home, received an unexpected dinner (with DELICIOUS homemade french bread!) from a friend, finally got around to violin practice, and then headed downstairs to watch a movie of her choosing.

Scooby Doo, of course. That's her current fave and her Grandma bought her one while she was here. She was so thrilled to have me snuggling right next to her for the whole movie. She and Little M picked out some candy earlier in the day for us to share on our nights out. Sweet P made sure we ate ours together at the same time. She wrapped my arm around her and snuggled in for the whole movie. Then she danced, pretending to be a zombie during the music accompanying the credits. And every time I screamed in sheer terror (softly, so I wouldn't wake sleeping BB), she giggled uncontrollably.

And BB kindly cooperated by being awake and asleep at all the right times.

And the whole evening was a wonderful Joyful Moment. I love my little girl.

Wishing you all great Girls' Nights Out (unless of course, you're not a girl--then I'll wish you a Boy's Night Out) full of fun Joyful Moments!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds like it was a night you'll both remember for years to come. Way to go! I don't remember being so ambitious so quickly.

Believe it or not, my joy came from spending the day with a couple of 6th grade boys with Aspberger Syndrome, substituting. They were great and we just clicked.