Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 110: Approved!

I didn't even have to think for a second to come up with today's Joyful Moment. It was when I checked the mail this afternoon and opened a letter from our insurance. I thought it was another run of the mill claim statement (we get those almost daily between all of Sweet P's testing and BB's birth), but it wasn't.

It was a letter from the insurance company telling us that they will allow Sweet P to receive the preferred treatment! They originally denied it, meaning that she would have to get the treatment that involved her getting a shot every four weeks. She is terrified of needles, so this would have been awful for all of us. I was beginning to give up hope though because all signs were pointing to another denial from the insurance. In fact, we were going to begin the other treatment tomorrow.

It was originally scheduled for today at 3:30 PM, but the woman who was going to administer the shot had called to reschedule our appointment for tomorrow. Oddly enough, I ended up getting the mail at basically, 3:30 PM. Coincidence? I don't think so. Had Sweet P had the shot treatment today, I wouldn't have gotten the mail until later and so I wouldn't have known about the approval. And the shot treatment would have delayed her being able to begin the other method of treatment. I know that we were blessed in having rescheduled her appointment for tomorrow. And I am so so so thankful for it!

So, it was a wonderful Joyful Moment in the midst of all the mess of her needing the treatment to begin with. I'm so grateful to know that our loving Father in Heaven is still watching over us and that my precious Sweet P is in His hands because she's His precious Sweet P, too.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that make your heart overflow with gratitude!

2 comments:

Linda said...

HURRAY!!! I am so grateful for this blessing - and I'm also sure it wasn't a coincidence. Your joy is my joy today!

Melanie said...

I am so grateful for this for you and Sweet P.