Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 119: C is for Cookie

Cookie Monster was always my favorite. Probably because we share a love for food--cookies in particular.

Anyway, HH's coworkers were all very kind in getting us baby gifts after the birth of BB. So today the kids and I drove out to his office to deliver some "Thank You Cookies" and notes. And to show off our little guy.

It was fun. Getting out of the house, interacting with full grown human beings. And after we left HH told me that the cookies got rave reviews and it has been requested that I bring more.

I love to cook and bake and I fancy myself to be fairly decent at it. But my cookies, those I'm more than a little proud of. I've researched and practiced quite a bit over the years and I've come up with a pretty darn tasty recipe.

Having this acknowledged + appreciated = Joyful Moment.

Wishing you all acknowledgement + appreciation = Joyful Moment!

4 comments:

Meg said...

may i have the recipe??? :)

mine was seeing our neighbor's little boy TOTALLY naked from the waist down. i know, weird. but it totally made my day.

Becky said...

Sounds like a recipe we'd enjoy as well!

I actually had an "acknowledged + appreciated" joy this morning that I can share. I went into seminary this morning to help them practice their musical number for Sunday. The teachers were grateful and I loved the reminder of what a great experience it was to teach seminary myself. It's joyful to be able to share talents.

And I received another joyful moment as I got back in the car and noticed a gorgeous full moon setting in the west and the beginning of the sunrise in the east. Have a joy-filled day!

Linda said...

My joy today - PEACE - about a very big decision that my HH & I have been wrestling with for almost 2 weeks.

Lisa Carlson said...

I also love cookies, and would love your recipe.