Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 109: To-Do Calendar

Remember how last Monday I had it all figured out--how to accomplish things, but pace myself and accept my limitations as a new mommy and all?

Well, I didn't mention it, but by Tuesday I was completely overwhelmed and totally frustrated by it all. Again. And I thought I was going to go crazy.

I kind of sort of did.

But yesterday I was given some divine help to realize a better way.

HH and I wrote a new to-do list (pretty much the same, minus the three things I accomplished last week, plus a billion new things that have popped up in the mean time). Then I took that list and our calendar and I combined the two of them. I wrote down specific tasks to accomplish on specific days.

Monday is always my most productive day of the week, so it remains to be seen how the rest of the To-Do Calendar will go. But today totally rocked. I accomplished the 5 assignments I'd given myself and then a couple more. And a couple of them were things that I've been putting off for forever, so it's a HUGE relief to have it done.

And I feel really proud of myself because I got these things done, but I didn't overdo it. I'm not tired. Well, no. I'm totally tired. But I'm not worn out from doing too much today. I'm just worn out because a really cute little person drains all my energy and doesn't let me sleep. But I digress. Recognizing all my awesome accomplishments today was my Joyful Moment.

Wishing you all awesome Joyful Moments!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

A sweet friend showed up at the door and gave me flowers and then a box of "a friendship gift a day". I have four more gifts for this week to open..the hard part is not peaking until that day. She was very sweet to cheer me up.