Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 560: (Not Quite) The Best Birthday Ever!

While I was out last night, HH and the kids did a little errand run to pick up a few surprises for me for today.  I knew that one of these was a special breakfast.

So, you can imagine everyone's disappointment when the first sentence out of my mouth this morning was, "Don't make me breakfast.  I'll throw up."

Yeah.  I appear to have picked up some sort of stomach bug.

Yay!

But folks around here have still made it a pretty good day.  The kids came in to tell me I needed to get better so I could have my (surprise) ice cream cake (or pie, in Little M's version).  Sweet P spent every spare moment today making me sweet cards and wrapping them so cleverly.


This was my favorite.  That's me on the right, in case you can't tell.  And she's watering my herb pot.


And this is the inside.  Those are the kids playing on the deck out back.  Baby B is crawling across the top of the railing, apparently.  And please note where she wrote, "Hope you feel better in time to have cake."  So, thoughtful.

HH was really good about making sure I've had as relaxing and restful a day as possible.  And has been very sympathetic to my feeling rotten.

I did taste the cake.  It was yummy, but after a few bites my tummy started to rebel, so I had to stop.

And then there have been lots of birthday wishes via phone calls and facebook.  So, I've felt very loved and special.

Overall, it was a day full of Joyful Moments.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are the best ever!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love her card!!! Looks like your daughter is as sweet as mine. :) Glad to hear you're on the mend. Awful timing, I must say.

My joy was being with your dad when he was set apart for his new calling. The words said were not only inspiring but overwhelming. It was more than joy.