Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 572: Oh, Pioneer

Today was a really great day.  But I just have to share this one Joyful Moment with you.

First, let me explain.

My sister-in-law and I have this on-going joke.  It always begins with, "You would have been one of those pioneers who..." and then can end with pretty much anything.

Yeah, it's probably only funny to a handful of people on this planet.

But, it's really funny to us.

Anyway, this same sister-in-law makes cards.  The cutest, sweetest, most creativest cards you ever done seen.

Today I received this in the mail:


I cannot tell you how happy it made me.  Seriously.  Have you ever seen a cuter card?

Wait, it gets better.


This was the inside (with the funny/sweet personal note edited out, of course).  A little pioneer lady holding a cupcake.

I almost died from the cuteness.  Seriously.

Immediately upon recovering, I set about trying to work my new camera to get this card in the best possible lighting, so you all could appreciate it in its fullest.

Well, not quite.  Because you really have to get the Pioneer jokes to FULLY appreciate, but you can still see how amazing it is.

And you are probably beginning to grasp how happy this made me and what a Joyful Moment it was to receive such a perfectly perfect card.

Ah, Mel, you would have been one of those pioneers who made the cutest handmade cards from tree bark and peat moss and you wouldn't have missed a single birthday in the whole wagon train (there ain't nothin' wrong with bein' late--it just prolongs the celebration!).

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are cute enough to almost kill you!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that you loved it. It made me laugh to make it the whole time. Love you.

Cheryl said...

I figured as much. I love that feeling of knowing you have come up with the perfect idea of something to give someone else.

And I love being that recipient!

Linda said...

I'm one of those "handful of people" - I love to listen to the two of you would-be pioneers. :)

My joy was going camping with your little sis and her family. We had soooo much FUN! I thought about our camping with all of you - Such GREAT MEMORIES!

Hey, my word verification is "comic" - wow!