Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 566: Tanning and Canning

Okay, so those of you who know me know that I couldn't really tan.  I burned.  And that wasn't a Joyful Moment.

But the golf that I played with HH and his brother while getting burned was a Joyful Moment.


As was watching him play with my kiddos all day.  They absolutely adore their uncle.

And then, tonight, I canned.  Four quarts of tomatoes (and I froze a pint size jar, as well).  Not a lot, I know.  But it was the first time canning (with my brand new beautiful pressure canner/cooker!) ever.  So far, it looks like maybe only two sealed.  Not entirely sure what I did wrong with the other two, assuming they don't ever seal.  But at least two worked.  In fact, pressing down the top of the first jar and feeling absolutely no pop whatsoever was another very satisfying Joyful Moment!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments free of sun damage!

2 comments:

Linda said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You did it!

My joy moments were at my first activity day activity! Water slide and water balloons + 3 dry leaders = FUN!!! I was entirely soaked within a very short time, but man, did I have fun!

Cheryl said...

Thanks for your help, Mom! I still wish you'd been here. I'm sure that fourth can would have sealed for you. (c;