Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 562: Another Year

Sweet P started First Grade today.

I know some moms cry when their kids go to school.

I don't.

At least, not with Sweet P.  It's hard to feel sad when she's so excited and just plain happy.


It's also hard to get a normal smile.

But things went really well this morning.  The boys actually slept in, which kind of made things more stressful for the few minutes just as it was time to head out the door, but before that it was really nice to just kind of have the morning to ourselves, just the two of us.  To talk about all the first day excitement and whatnot.

I love my little girl.  And I love how much she loves school.

So, dropping her off was my Joyful Moment today.  And, of course, picking her up and hearing how great her first day was.

Not that she can remember any of it.

All I know is that she had two recesses.

Apparently, that's a pretty big deal.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments complete with two recesses!

2 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

You are a stronger mommy than I am! Caden had his first day of preschool on Monday and there were tears...but only from me! He was so stinkin' excited that he jumped out of the car and sprinted to the door before I even knew what happened! I was a little heartbroken that he didn't even want me to walk him to the door...but you are right, it's hard to be sad for long when they are *SO* excited! He came out from his first day yelling back to his teacher "See you, wild crocodile!" (apparently they learned "After a while, crocodile"...we need to work on it still (c:)

Linda said...

I remember those first days of school. I was always filled with mixed emotions - happy at the thought of getting back to a routine, and sad because my kids were going to be gone for hours each day... Cute hair on your sweet p!

My joy was beginning a week of classes at Education Week. I haven't gone for almost 20 years but I remember that it's a week of receiving information and ideas and inspiration - and I'm sooooo excited!