Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 573: Not The Joyful Moment I Was Hoping For

Today was another really great day, full of Joyful Moments.

We had a little potluck barbecue after HH's morning softball tournament.  Unfortunately, the kids and I couldn't come until after tae kwon do, which happened to be right after HH was done playing for the day.  So, we missed seeing him play, but we did get to visit with several friends.

I had the opportunity to talk to a few people whom I really love while doing the driving around town, in between errands.  That's always a Joyful Moment.

I finished ready a really great book, written by someone awesome.  Double Joyful Moment.

Did some more canning--Joyful Moment because it was way easier than the last time and less stressful!

And then we went out for a family bike ride.  I fully expected this to be a Joyful Moment.


It wasn't.  Not really.

But sometimes, that's how things go on busy Saturdays.  Or, really, any given day when you're dealing with young children.

And that's okay.  Because a drink of water was all it took to dry these tears and turn that sad face upside down.

But then Sweet P had her moment, too.

And so, we quit the ride and headed home.

So, that was one Joyful Moment that didn't really ever happen.  And the only one I had my camera out for.  Sorry for the teary picture.

Good thing the rest of the day was so great, though!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments to cover up for those Joyful Moments that don't actually happen!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, that face makes me want to pick him up and give him a great big HUG!!!

We had a joyful day - camping, going out on your dad's laser, and spending time with W,M, & W. And tonight we listened to edifying and inspiring great life stories from E. Craig Cardon at our adult session of Stake Conference.

Cheryl said...

Me too! I don't usually take crying photos, but I had the camera out and was snapping away before he pulled up and I thought maybe the camera would help change his mood. Not so much.

Jealous that I couldn't be there camping!