Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 568: Involuntary Happy Dance

My birthday present arrived today.

I should have taken a picture of it to show you.


Instead, I took this picture.


And this one.

Notice how beautiful they are?  That's because I took them with MY NEW BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!! A fabulously lovely brand new digital SLR!!!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE love it.

It wasn't supposed to get here until tomorrow (it's not HH's fault that it's late--it took me until Thursday night to decide which camera I wanted), but I've been checking the tracking status like a batch of baking cookies and when I saw the message that it was here in my town and was out for delivery, I literally ran up the stairs and found myself doing a happy dance in my kitchen that was so bizarre even I was embarrassed by it.

But I couldn't help myself.  I was so stinkin' excited!


But, honestly, look at those baby blues.  You're probably doing a happy dance now, too.  Because you'll be seeing a lot more of those!

I love my children's eyes.


Yowza.  I am loving my new camera.

Now, I just need to find an excuse to hole up from the rest of the world for a month while I study the book and learn how to use it to its fullest potential.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that make you do an involuntary happy dance, regardless of how ridiculous you look!

2 comments:

Linda said...

YEA for you! Those photos are amazing - really AMAZING! What did we expect from such a talented photographer and her amazing subjects?!

My joy has to be that on this lonely day (my HH is out of town) your little sis called and invited me to dinner and FHE :) I missed it because I'm too tired to be a safe driver, but the invitation was the highlight of my otherwise tedious day!

Nikki said...

ha, I can totally relate. I have a slr and it's changed my life ;).

A great present! and happy birthday to you, Cheryl!