Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 487: Swing!

I'm finally figuring out how to make it all work this summer.  Mostly, just do less.

Because then I have time to do more.

That seems like a contradiction, but it's true.  We skipped a shopping trip this morning and then I had time (and energy--yay!) to clean the house while the kids napped.  And we all had time to practice some t-ball skills in the afternoon.


This is Sweet P with HH at her very first practice.  I couldn't take pictures of our backyard practice today because I was pretty busy coaching.  And trying to catch two balls being thrown at me simultaneously from opposite directions.  Because Little M had to get in on the skill development as well.

I never played t-ball.  Or softball.  Or anything of the sort.  I'm not very good at hitting a ball with a bat, catching a ball, or throwing a ball.  But somehow or other, I seem to be alright at teaching the skills necessary for Sweet P to do it.  I guess my dad's tutelage from when I was young lodged in my brain, even if it didn't translate into any physical ability for me whatsoever.

Anyway, hanging out in the backyard this afternoon with my kiddos was most definitely today's Joyful Moment.  Joyful in seeing a little progress in skill for both of them and Joyful in just hanging out and having a good time.

And I'd like to thank Baby B for taking an extra long nap, thus making the practice go much more smoothly.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that go much more smoothlier!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I was wondering if you remembered catch playing with your dad. :) It sounds like you do.

My joy came at the end of the day, taking cinamon rolls to 2 widowers, a friend who broke her arm, and a couple who substitute-taught for us last Sunday. I think the visits were more appreciated than the rolls. I was reminded that it's much easier to give service than to receive it. I hope I remember that lesson when it's my turn to receive.

Gunta said...

Linda... I have to say that had to be one of the HARDEST lessons for both me and Norm to catch onto. Can't imagine why.