Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 509: Oh, Clot.

Wow.  I tell you what, wow.

I could make the story of today a reeeally long post.

But I shan't.

Suffice it to say, we survived.  And I felt a Guiding Hand throughout.  From helping me come up with the perfect distraction to keep her from crying the whole long drive to the hospital early this morning (pretending we were on a 'girls only' trip to Yellowstone) to one of the surgeon's taking a forgotten CT scan right in stride to helping a threatening clot shrink away on its own, rather than becoming a scary situation.  And all sorts of stuff in between.

We had a good day together once we got the worst of it behind us.  They wouldn't let her have her promised popsicles for a while thanks to the nasty clot, but once the main scare was past, she got a double grape popsicle and she really perked up from there on out.  Seeing her finally smile again was definitely a Joyful Moment, but I will feel so much better in a few weeks when we're really on the other side of all of this.

But now, HH is staying at the hospital with her.  I haven't slept well in days and knew that a night at the hospital wouldn't be any more restful.  I worried about driving home safely after yet another night of little sleep.  She's a daddy's girl anyway, so she was happy about the switch.  And Baby B, my little appendage, was delighted to be reunited with me again.  He was happy to see me again at the hospital, but when we got home tonight he was positively thrilled.  He just kept hugging me (he does the adorable 'pat on the back' right now--so cute!) and laughing.

Which made me smile.  For maybe the first time today.  And I felt a layer of stress begin to melt away.  So, that would have to go down as another Joyful Moment.

I guess it became a lengthy post after all.  Just trust me, though, I could have made it much much longer.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that are just as long as they ought to be!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

My kids and I have been praying for you guys. It's a beast of a recovery...poor kiddo....we love you guys. Hey....did you know that makes a total of 4 of these surgeries this year for our kiddos! What is up with that?!

Cheryl said...

Plus, Bel had hers out and Meg had her wisdom teeth pulled! We're keeping those surgeons in business!

Linda said...

My JM (thanks Amy!) was knowing that Sweet P is recovering and that her surgeries went smoothly. After weeks of prayer, it was wonderful to be able to say "Thank you".