Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 497: Pretty Preggems

I have a friend who is "with child" and ready to deliver in a few weeks.  I sat a few rows behind her in church today and noticed that her hair was looking really cute.  So, after the meeting, I met her in the hallway and told her how cute I thought she was looking.

As soon as she turned to me, I could see on her face how "not cute" she was feeling today.  But she really was looking quite cute.  So, my compliment was extra appreciated.

And that was my Joyful Moment.  I know how those preggem days can get to a girl and how a compliment can really make all the difference.  It was nice to be on the giving end, rather than the receiving (not that I mind that either!).

Wishing you all Joyful Moments in feeling as cute as you look!

1 comment:

Linda said...

What an example of how a "small and simple thing" brought about something great. Thanks for the sweet reminder.

My joy was singing a beautiful hymn with our ward choir. Here are the words to "Take Time to Be Holy" by George Stebbins:

Take time to be holy. Speak oft with thy Lord;
Abide in Him always, and feed on his Word.
Make friends of God’s children; help those who are weak;
Forgetting in nothing His blessing to seek.

Take time to be holy. The world rushes on;
Much time spend in secret with Jesus alone;
By looking to Jesus like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends in thy conduct His likeness shall see.

Take time to be holy. Let Him be thy guide.
And run not before Him, whatever betide;
In joy or in sorrow, still follow thy Lord,
And looking to Jesus, still trust in His Word.

Take time to be holy. Be calm in thy soul.
Each thought and each motive, beneath His control.
Thus led by His Spirit to fountains of love,
Thou soon shalt be fitted for service above.